SpineUniverse Community Advice
Get help and share your story with others who know what you're going through.
Please register or log in to join the discussions!

Don't Know Where to turn

Started by Mr. Stiffneck on 08/21/2018 7:52pm

Treatment for ASD is so spotty and patchy. I was hopping to ask you fine people if anybody knows where to find Information and Treatment for ASD = Adjacent segment degeneration or some say Adjacent segment Disorder. I have read a lot but it skips around what is the best Treatment or if the new state of the art platelet rich plasma therapy is the best. Also the new enriched platelet therapy. which to my understanding is just a down play from the (PLASMA) therapy. But again, the Data skips around not giving any good studies of treatment. Is this one good, or not as good. I know more about the side effects than how the treatment works. So if somebody could point me in the right direction to get better Data, or A doctor that will help you to research my condition. I would be so grateful. Thank you

Do you find this discussion helpful?

1 Response


Hi, Mr.Stiffneck — Your best bet may be the surgeon who did your adjacent fusion. I believe there is also a Find a Surgeon search on this site that can direct you to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon in your area. My preference is one associated with a large university hospital, if possible. Best wishes!