SpineUniverse Community Advice
Get help and share your story with others who know what you're going through.
Please register or log in to join the discussions!

Buldging disc

Started by Dmoney1 on 09/23/2011 12:24am

So I just got my mri back and have 2 buldging discs...I've been in therapy for 10 months...from a car accident...my lawyer is ready to discuss settlement with the insurance....I was informe?d today...should I deny the request and further my treatment?

Do you find this discussion helpful?

1 Response


If you are still in pain, you should continue treatment. In my opinion if you have a good lawyer he should be fighting to get you well. I was involved in a car accident in 2000. I had wiplash. My lawyer had me settle with the insurance company. I continued to have pain for 5 years while continuing physical therapy on my own. 10 years later I have herniated and bulging discs in my neck and the muscles of my neck are in spasam (whiplash type condition).
I don't think that this condition is from the previous accident. I did recover and was pain free. But I will never know how healthy I could be today if I had insisted that I be fully recovered before settling with the insurance company.
You have the right to be restored to physical health. Your lawyer should fight for that right. Good Luck!